Kamis, 22 September 2011

Reflection Journal for "Technology and Second Language Teaching" by Mark Warschauer and Carla Meskill

Technology and Second Language Teaching

My opinion about technology is anything that can help human’s activity, but it does not mean that we can not live without technology. This article showed me that we always use technology in learning activity. Even whiteboard or pen is a technology. One of technology that usually exist in learning activity is computer .
As I learnt before in educational psychology, there are so many methodologies in learning. Every method has their own technology . The article said that “ the computer is a machine, not a method”. So,  I think,  even we use a very sophisticated technology but we do not use an appropriate method, it can be ineffective teaching and learning activity . But, for me all of the method is good, depend on the needs of students.
There are the advantages and disadvantages of using technology in the language classroom. Based on the article, “the key to successful use of technology in language teaching lies not in hardware or software but in humanware”.  So, that is mean the main control is the teacher. If I were a teachear, I will reduce the disadvantages with using high technology in certain time. For example, I do not need to use projektor everytime, whiteboard is always there if I need it.
After I read this article, I realized that I have to be a very creative and smart teacher in using technology.  I do believe that technology is important for teacher, and teacher have to up to date with it. But teacher should not be too rely with technology, because teacher is the key to successful in teaching and learning activity.

3 komentar:

  1. I do love this one as well :)
    “the key to successful use of technology in language teaching lies not in hardware or software but in humanware”
    I've found it in yourself andriii.. you've been so kind with your friends and I do believe you will use technology for your students very well :)
    Ganbatte :D

    BalasHapus
  2. ahahaha thanks meerr :D . I do believe in you too :D

    BalasHapus
  3. i wanna be a digital generation of teacher
    :D

    BalasHapus