Jumat, 14 Oktober 2011

3rd Journal Reflection : Technology and Language Learning



For first time I read the article, I did not understand. So, I had to read it twice.
There are two kinds of oral interaction based on Bygate’s model, information routines and interaction routines. I got little bit confused about explanation. Why it is part of evaluative, why it is not expository. I think explanation is not too different with description. Description is part of explanation, I guess.                         
I think, encourage student to speak is not easy. Because, I think, external motivation is not enough. It is need the willingness of the student.
After they have the willingness. We can guide the student about accuracy and fluency easily.
Based on the article, computer in teaching speaking skills used as a communication medium. I think,  it is interesting. Because, I think not all of students will get or enjoy the lesson in the classroom, and not all of student will think activities in the classroom is interesting.
Based on my experience, I have some trouble about speaking, maybe, until now. I am always stuck about accuracy, finally I do not produce anything.
But, I think, because of IELL. I have no doubt to speak, even sometime my accuracy is lack.
If I were a teacher, I will to encourage my student to speak first, and then I will guide them until they have good accuracy and fluency.


1 komentar:

  1. so, what is the real action to integrate technology with the language subject as a teacher? the implementation of it? how?

    BalasHapus